Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leo Stefanesco <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/16 14:30:16 UTC

Is ActionLink deprecated ?

Hello everybody,
I'm reading the Tapestry 5 tutorial and when I try to run the example (a
Hi/lo) which contain <actionlink> tag, there is a error message :

> A runtime exception has occurred.
> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException Failure parsing
> template context:WEB-INF/Start.html: Element <t:ActionLink> is in the
> Tapestry namespace, but is not a recognized Tapestry template element.

And  I've googled  "tapestry actionlink"  and I've found this page :
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/ComponentReference/ActionLink.html

and it's write :

> Warning
> This component has been deprecated and will be removed in the next major
> release of Tapestry. ActionLink represents an inherently unstable approach,
> since it can easily be confused by changing server-side state.

So, can you help me please ?
Thanks.

PS:I'm sorry for my bad English but I'm a french people who try to learn
English.

Re: Is ActionLink deprecated ?

Posted by Erik Vullings <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Leo,

You may also have a look at the Tapestry5 Wiki, e.g. here:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToCreateYourQuickstartWithMaven206

Cheers
Erik

Posted by Leo Stefanesco <le...@gmail.com>.
2007/6/16, SergeEby <sd...@hotmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> The URL you mentioned is related to Tapestry 4, not T5.

Yes, I know, but it's write that actionlink <<will be removed in the next
major release of Tapestry>> and I thought that the next major release after
Tapestry 4 is Tapestry 5.

Are you sure you strictly followed all steps mentioned in the tutorial?
> There are several examples (Integration Tests) in the source code that
> might
> be helpful.

Thanks,  I'll try it.

/Serge