Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/14 07:25:17 UTC

Hadoop 2.4.1 Compilation, How to specify "HadoopBuildVersion" and "RMBuildVersion"

Hi,

To compile Hadoop 2.4.1 , any idea how to specify “hadoop.build.version” ? By modifying pom.xml? or add -Dhadoop.build.version=mybuild?  or specify it by compile command line?

Regards
Arthur

Re: Hadoop 2.4.1 Compilation, How to specify "HadoopBuildVersion" and "RMBuildVersion"

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Is there any document that lists all possible -D parameters that are used in Hadoop compilation? or any ideas about version-info.scm.commit?

Regards
Arthur

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I tried, versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION changed the strings before “from”,  the strings after “from” are still set as “Unknown”.

From the source, hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/resources/yarn-version-info.properties, I found the following, any idea how or where to set version-info.scm.commit?

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I tried, versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION changed the strings before “from”,  the strings after “from” are still set as “Unknown”.

From the source, hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/resources/yarn-version-info.properties, I found the following, any idea how or where to set version-info.scm.commit?

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I tried, versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION changed the strings before “from”,  the strings after “from” are still set as “Unknown”.

From the source, hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/resources/yarn-version-info.properties, I found the following, any idea how or where to set version-info.scm.commit?

Posted by "Arthur.hk.chan@gmail.com" <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I tried, versions:set -DnewVersion=NEWVERSION changed the strings before “from”,  the strings after “from” are still set as “Unknown”.

From the source, hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/src/main/resources/yarn-version-info.properties, I found the following, any idea how or where to set version-info.scm.commit?

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.