Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Udayarc Reddy <ud...@tempus.com> on 2022/07/24 03:41:56 UTC

Queries

Hi Team,

 I have two queries. Our project is using the Dataflow pipeline (GCP),
which is built using python.

*Query 1:*
  When I set loglevel = ERROR like logging.getLogger().setLevel(logging.ERROR),
I am still seeing all the log levels in GCP. If I set the log level as an
error, I would like to not log the info logs. Is this an issue ?

*Query 2:*
 When I log as log.info("This is logging", extra={"context": {"user":
"test-user"}})), I was expected to see the logs in GCP as follow

jsonPayload: {
   "message": "This is logging",
   "context": {"user": "test-user"}
}

But I always see this is logged as
jsonPayload: {
   "message": "This is logging",
}

Do we support this to insert extra fields in jsonPayload ?

Thanks & Regards,
Uday Reddy

--
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their