Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2014/06/24 18:35:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.12 - RC2

Hi All,

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.12-RC2 release candidate.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

Note: This release is a developer oriented release. Users are highly encouraged to try using this release and provide feedback. But this release is a milestone in finishing up the thrift based API. Expect subsequent releases to happen rapidly as thrift API’s are made more robust.

[GSOC] Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.12 - RC2

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
GSOC students (and anyone else): we value your testing and help with the
release.

Marlon

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Good catches Saminda. I will fixed these. Since it was only missing in the staging location, I added the signature and we are good now.

Suresh

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
This is not intended. On the website downloads, I was planning to write a note on roadmap for these client SDK’s. Something like:

* Airavata 0.12 bundles client SDK’s but are a preliminary version.

* Airavata 0.13 will bundle client SDK’s which are well packaged and have exception handling and test cases built in.

* Airavata 0.14 will consider distributing client SDK’s through appropriate programming language distributions like Maven for Java, PEAR for PHP, Perl CPAN.

Suresh

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.