Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Pipsisewah <st...@vantageled.com> on 2016/03/04 19:20:56 UTC

Re: iOS This build is invalid

So I decided to go the route of compiling on a Mac.  Got Flash Builder 4.7
installed, copied all the files, etc.  and was able to do a build.

Now Flash Builder 4.7 only comes with the 4.6 compiler, which does not
account for the 64bit requirement from Apple.  So, I need to build a new
compiler.  I used the overlay method I always use on Windows.
When selecting the newly created compiler, the Mac tells me that it doesnt
recognize this folder as a compiler.

I followed the same instructions as before.

Copy the current compiler out to the desktop.
Download the latest version of the AIR SDK (without the compiler).
Copy all the AIR SDK files into the current compiler's folder and overwrite
any files as necessary.
Rename folder and move it back to the sdks folder.
Attempt to link up in Flash Builder.

I even tried reversing the process, so that I copy all the files from the
current compiler and overwrite the files in the AIR SDK.  That did cause
Flash Builder to recognize it as a compiler, but unfortunately every time I
build it says the following:
Error occurred while packaging the application:
[File Location]bin-release-temp\AOT\[App Name]-app.xml: error 102: Invalid
namespace
http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/4.6

I have tried 3.1, 4.0, 4.6, 20, and 21.  No luck.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Re: iOS This build is invalid

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Make sure that you merge the folders when you copy them from the AIR SDK to
the Flex SDK. On some Mac versions, if two folders have the same name, it
may delete the existing folder and replace it with the other, instead of
merging the contents.

I think that newer Mac versions give you an option to merge folders when it
asks if you want to replace. On the older versions, you may need to use the
ditto command in Terminal. It is mentioned here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS2d8d13466044a7337d7adee012406959c52-8000.html#WS2d8d13466044a733190f0432124114d9a19-8000

If you use the Apache Flex SDK Installer, you'll get a updated Flex SDK
from Apache with many bug fixes and new features, and it will automatically
handle all of that merging stuff for you.

- Josh

Re: iOS This build is invalid

Re: iOS This build is invalid

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.