Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@lightspeed.ca> on 2004/03/05 20:37:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect(Match) and query string

Hi,

I am trying to write Redirect and RedirectMatch directives
the redirect to a URL with query parameters.

For example:
Redirect /app/ http://my.server.com/some/path/page.jsp?op=start
RedirectMatch /short/(.*) http://my.server.com/some/long/path/page.jsp?op=$1

Apache is escaping the question mark so the redirect does
not work.

I know that this can be done with mode_rewrite, but I
don't have that module loaded (I cannot change that).

Is there some other workaround for this problem?

In what versions of Apache was this problem fixed?

Thanks,
Marius

[users@httpd] Re: Redirect(Match) and query string

Posted by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@lightspeed.ca>.
The problem seems to be fixed in Apache 2.

I guess there is no work around in Apache 1.3 other
than using mod_rewrite :-(

Marius