Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Bolioli <tp...@terranovum.com> on 2007/01/28 12:15:35 UTC

Re: cbl RBL (RESOLVED)

Thomas Bolioli wrote:
> Anyone with ideas, they would be greatly appreciated but right now I
> need to determine if it is SA that is having issues with the lookups
> or are the accounts screwed up in some way. bind does not seem to be
> throttled either so the volume of queries should not be the issue either.

After doing a diff between the home dirs of some of these users, I found
.resolv.conf files in the offending users directories. I am not sure how
they got there (they were ~2-3 yrs old and formatted in such a way it
leads me to believe they were put there by an application) but they were
pointing at older DNS servers that went offline about a month or two
ago. I removed them and now the spam coming in is firing off on one or
more rbls. Somehow the presence of these did not interfere with non-DNS
specific requests. ie; GET would work with this there.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Tom