Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mike Spreitzer <ms...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/02/26 17:10:24 UTC

When did Apache SOAP get Strings fully right?

As of when was Apache SOAP able to send itself (I'm not worried yet about
interoperability) a String containing arbitrary Unicode characters?

Thanks,
Mike

MS SOAP

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.
Does anyone know if MS SOAP (ROPE) is capable of build a SOAP envelope
without the use of a Service Descriptor, kind of like the way Apache does
with its client samples, by using the Call class.  I think Service
Descriptors are great if you are planning on using UDDI for your Web Service
and potential clients are going to interface with the server and they need
to know how, but if the server knows who the clients are going to be and
what data to expect then building a SOAP Envelope with an object like the
Call() on apache would be sufficient, anyways those are my two cents on
Service Descriptors.

later,
Gus

MS SOAP