Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2017/11/03 16:20:53 UTC

':geode-client-protocol' could not be found in project ':geode-assembly'

Anyone know why the build is failing in geode-assembly?

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':geode-assembly'.
> Project with path ':geode-client-protocol' could not be found in project
':geode-assembly'.

Re: ':geode-client-protocol' could not be found in project ':geode-assembly'

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
Whilst working on the protobuf protocol, it was found that there was a
common set of "client protocol" stuff that was not protobuf specific.
Splitting out these common pieces of code, now allows for a cleaner, more
targeted protobuf (serialization) specific implementation.
It also provides a platform where the community can implement their own
client serialization mechanism, (i.e messagePack, avro ) with minimal
effort and code invasiveness.

Geode-protobuf is the protobuf specific implementation of the client
protocol.

--Udo

--
Kindest Regards

Re: ':geode-client-protocol' could not be found in project ':geode-assembly'

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Galen O'Sullivan <go...@pivotal.io>.
Can you show me the particular error? Does it persist? As far as I can
remember, we haven't changed that module this week.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Galen O'Sullivan <go...@pivotal.io>.