Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Chris Feldhacker <fe...@mchsi.com> on 2003/08/02 08:55:08 UTC

[lang] CharSet oversight?

The CharSet.add(String) method makes special consideration for the "-" character, adding it to the set if it is the only character in the string.  However, the same special consideration is not made for the "^" character.  Is this intentional?

I would think special consideration should either be made for both characters or not at all...

Re: [lang] ArrayUtils.contains()

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Hadn't thought of that one, but I guess it makes sense. If you want to
supply a patch....;-)
Stephen

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

[lang] ArrayUtils.contains()

[lang] ArrayUtils.contains()

Re: [lang] CharSet oversight?

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
I disagree that GC is an issue with a cached toString. The String reference
will only be held by our class so would not block a GC run.

You are probably right that the cost isn't justified here. I'll have to
check the rest of lang to see what it does. I think that some other classes
also cache the toString.

Stephen

Re: [lang] CharSet oversight?

Re: [lang] CharSet oversight?