Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Mayur Mohite <ma...@vizury.com> on 2014/03/19 18:36:20 UTC

Unable to run trident topology in a distributed mode

Hi,

We are trying to run a trident topology in a distributed mode.
We have inserted print statements in the code.
Storm UI shows some positive number of emitted tuples but the print
statements are not getting executed.
This topology however runs successfully on running in local mode on one of
the cluster machines and executes print statements successfully.
We are using a kafka spout<https://github.com/wurstmeister/storm-kafka-0.8-plus>
.
Following is the topology config -

        config.put(Config.TOPOLOGY_RECEIVER_BUFFER_SIZE,             8);
        config.put(Config.TOPOLOGY_TRANSFER_BUFFER_SIZE,            32);
        config.put(Config.TOPOLOGY_EXECUTOR_RECEIVE_BUFFER_SIZE, 16384);
        config.put(Config.TOPOLOGY_EXECUTOR_SEND_BUFFER_SIZE,    16384);
        config.put(Config.TOPOLOGY_TRIDENT_BATCH_EMIT_INTERVAL_MILLIS,
1000);
        config.setNumWorkers(4);
        config.setMaxSpoutPending(1);

-Mayur

Re: Unable to run trident topology in a distributed mode

Posted by Samit Sasan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Instead of print use slf4j logger to log and get the log statementss from
worker logs.