Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com> on 2018/05/10 18:09:52 UTC

Time for 2.3.1?

Hello all,

It's been a while since we shipped 2.3.0 and lots of important bug
fixes have gone into the branch since then. I took a look at Jira and
it seems there's not a lot of things explicitly targeted at 2.3.1 -
the only potential blocker (a parquet issue) is being worked on since
a new parquet with the fix was just released.

So I'd like to propose to release 2.3.1 soon. If there are important
fixes that should go into the release, please let those be known (by
replying here or updating the bug in Jira), otherwise I'm volunteering
to prepare the first RC soon-ish (around the weekend).

Thanks!

--
Marcelo

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
+1 We had a SparkR fix for CRAN SystemRequirements that will also be good
to get out.

Shivaram

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>.

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>.

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
The Parquet Java 1.8.3 release is out. Has anyone started a PR to update,
or should I?

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org> wrote:

> Sounds good, I'd like to add SPARK-24067 today assuming there's no
> objections
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org> wrote:
> > +1, I'd like to get a release out with SPARK-23852 fixed. The Parquet
> > community are about to release 1.8.3 - the voting period closes tomorrow
> -
> > and I've tested it with Spark 2.3 and confirmed the bug is fixed.
> Hopefully
> > it is released and I can post the version change to branch-2.3 before you
> > start to roll the RC this weekend.
> >
> > Henry
> >
> > On 10 May 2018 at 11:09, Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> It's been a while since we shipped 2.3.0 and lots of important bug
> >> fixes have gone into the branch since then. I took a look at Jira and
> >> it seems there's not a lot of things explicitly targeted at 2.3.1 -
> >> the only potential blocker (a parquet issue) is being worked on since
> >> a new parquet with the fix was just released.
> >>
> >> So I'd like to propose to release 2.3.1 soon. If there are important
> >> fixes that should go into the release, please let those be known (by
> >> replying here or updating the bug in Jira), otherwise I'm volunteering
> >> to prepare the first RC soon-ish (around the weekend).
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>

> >> --
> >> Marcelo

Ryan Blue
Software Engineer
Netflix

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>.

Re: Time for 2.3.1?

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Parquet has a Java patch release, 1.8.3, that should pass tomorrow morning.
I think the plan is to get that in to fix a bug with Parquet data written
by Impala.

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It's been a while since we shipped 2.3.0 and lots of important bug
> fixes have gone into the branch since then. I took a look at Jira and
> it seems there's not a lot of things explicitly targeted at 2.3.1 -
> the only potential blocker (a parquet issue) is being worked on since
> a new parquet with the fix was just released.
>
> So I'd like to propose to release 2.3.1 soon. If there are important
> fixes that should go into the release, please let those be known (by
> replying here or updating the bug in Jira), otherwise I'm volunteering
> to prepare the first RC soon-ish (around the weekend).
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Marcelo

Ryan Blue