Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chad Woolley <li...@thewoolleyweb.com> on 2004/07/28 19:59:35 UTC

How can I override the currentversion from the POM?

Hi,

I want to be able to override the currentversion that is used when I do
a build.  I attempted to do this, but it seems that the pom
currentversion property cannot be changed.

My goal is to use the version that is provided in a property by my
continuous integration tool (anthill).

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: How can I override the currentversion from the POM?

Posted by Erik Husby <mh...@broad.mit.edu>.
Chad Woolley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to override the currentversion that is used when I
> do a build.  I attempted to do this, but it seems that the pom
> currentversion property cannot be changed.
>
> My goal is to use the version that is provided in a property by my
> continuous integration tool (anthill).
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

Define it as <currentVersion>${currentVersion}</currentVersion> then do
 >maven -DcurrentVersion=1.1
or

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation