Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arun Sinha <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2004/12/10 06:00:27 UTC

last page / footer

Hi,

I am using FOP and I am new to the XSL:FO.

FOP doesn't support :-
  <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="last"
page-position="last" />

And my requirement is as follows :-

If the document consists of more than one page then the page except
the last page should be as follows :-
<header>header info</header>
<page>page content</page>
<footer>Page Totals (Runnint Total)
                                  Continued .....
</footer>

and the last page should be :-
<header>header info</header>
<page>page content</page>
<footer>Document Totals</footer>

If the document consists of only one page then it should be as follows :-
<header>header info</header>
<page>page content</page>
<footer>Document Totals</footer>

I tried using different page sequences but couldn't achieve it.
Then I tried using marker but still couldn't do so.

Anybody having a workaround for this situation or useful tips?
Please note that the page content is being printed in a loop.

Another point that I found surprising is that while retrieving the
marker value I used a syntax (which was wrong)
                  <fo:retrieve-marker marker-class-name="abc">
instead of
                  <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="abc">.

The FOP didn't report any error or warning.

Thanks in advance.

Arun

Re: last page / footer

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Arun Sinha wrote:
> FOP doesn't support :-
>  <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="last"
> page-position="last" />

You can do this with markers.
Put a marker with the usual footer content at the beginning of
the content and another one with the same class and the content
for the last page at the end of the content. Retrieve with
retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page" and
retrieve-boundary="document"

J.Pietschmann