Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com> on 1998/02/10 15:04:57 UTC

Connection Teardown

I'm sad to discover that I don't seem to be able
to propogate the connection loss (i.e. browser
lost interest) thru to my middleware product so
it can stop chewing on the request.    I guess
I'll be digging into the buff for the file descriptor
back to the browser so I can add it to the set of
things I block on.  kosher?  ... off to write my own
select ... same as it ever was. ...   - ben hyde
---
"entarter"

Re: Connection Teardown

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
It is yucky.  mod_cgi has this same problem, and when trying to solve it
efficiently for mod_cgi was when I realised I really wanted a zero-copy
buffer flipping API to BUFF.

You'll probably want to mark the BUFF as unbuffered, 1.3's mod_cgi has an
example of this... er, well whatever routine it calls to do the output has
an example of this.

Dean