Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Hester <ah...@galacticltd.com> on 2004/12/20 21:59:30 UTC

sa database transferable?

I have just built a new spam filter with postfix/amavisd/spamassassin
to replace our old sendmail/mimedefang/spamassassin  spam filter which
was buckling under the load.  Can I copy the sa databases over to the
new filter  to help my new filter learn?  If not, any ideas on how I can
train my new system from the old one.  I don't have a large number of
spam messages on the old machine and I'm concerned about going live with
my new server.  The last time I checked the old system had processed
about 75K messages in one day for a system with approx 50 users.  I
don't want my users to get bombarded (or my Exchange server to crash and
burn)  while my new filter learns.

Any ideas or help welcomed.

Thanks,

Andy Hester

Network Engineer

Galactic, LTD

Re: sa database transferable?

Posted by "Michele Neylon::Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
Andy Hester wrote:
> I have just built a new spam filter with postfix/amavisd/spamassassin
> to replace our old sendmail/mimedefang/spamassassin  spam filter which
> was buckling under the load.  Can I copy the sa databases over to the
> new filter  to help my new filter learn?  If not, any ideas on how I can
> train my new system from the old one.  I don’t have a large number of
> spam messages on the old machine and I’m concerned about going live with
> my new server.  The last time I checked the old system had processed
> about 75K messages in one day for a system with approx 50 users.  I
> don’t want my users to get bombarded (or my Exchange server to crash and
> burn)  while my new filter learns.

If both systems are running the same version of SA then the Bayes
versions should be the same and copying across should not be a problem

YMMV

--
Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information