Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 11:54:13 UTC

Hadoop on Tomcat issue ??

Hello users,

I am trying to create a Hadoop WAR file, which will be deployed on Tomcat.
My code as a JAR is running perfectly fine. But when I am deploying as WAR
on tomcat, I am getting the following issue. From the logs, its saying
couldn't find my Map and Reduce class, but I already made a JAR of my code
and put it inside WEB-INF/lib folder. All hadoop jars also present at
WEB-INF/lib folder. Can someone let me know what could be the issue :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object

               at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:387)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1157)

               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

               at

               at

               at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)

               ... 9 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ta.wh.Map

               at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1028)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.getMapperClass(JobConf.java:968)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)

               ... 14 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.ta.wh.Map

               at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:996)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1020)

               ... 16 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ta.wh.Map

               at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:943)

               at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:994)

               ... 17 more

Re: Hadoop on Tomcat issue ??

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Praveenesh,

     Just make sure that everything is OK with your 'manifest' file?Does it
have all the required bundles?I am not 100% sure about this, but it could
be a reason for the failure.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: Hadoop on Tomcat issue ??

Posted by Visioner Sadak <vi...@gmail.com>.
if u r tomcat is on remote linux  make sure u give path names of u r hadoop
jars at common.loader=  in catalina.properties file,
also make sure all hadoop jars are present in web-inf/lib    folder of u r
webapps inside u r project folder structure also make sure that u have jars
of the same version of hadoop tht u have installed or using....

Re: Hadoop on Tomcat issue ??

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Praveenesh,

Re: Hadoop on Tomcat issue ??