Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@radvision.com> on 2007/02/01 04:51:28 UTC

RE: newbie failed to create a Maven 2 project

There is no POM when I run 'mvn archetype:create. As describes in the
Get Started, mvn will create one for me. So I can not understand your
recommendation in your mail.

But I found that if I use the following command:
mvn -X -s D:\core-work\maven-2.0.4\conf\settings.xml archetype:create
-DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
that is, use the default settings.xml, the project is created
successfully, and I could compile and run the generated application.

Is the '-s' option a must for my case?

I think I should read some document. I just download Better Builds with
Maven

Thanks for your kind reply.

Guofeng