Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rr...@gmail.com on 2006/02/03 07:25:02 UTC

Re: Strange problem with tomcat Please help

Hi all

I am a newbie to tomcat.

 I installed jarkarta tomcat 5.5.9 with  fedoracore3 OS. I already have
j2sdk1.5.2 installed on it.
I downloaded and configured tomcat from
http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/tomcat5.5-files/jakarta-=

tomcat-5.5.9-preconfigured.zip<http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/tomcat5.5-files/jakarta-=tomcat-5.5.9-preconfigured.zip>

After configuring tomcat, and i run http://localhost:8080/  from firefox in
my pc, it works fine and shows me the index.html in webapps directory. Other
files like index.jsp, hello.jsp are working fine too.
However, when i access it from any other pc saying http://mypcname:8080/ it
gives me an error saying "No route to host" . However when i type
http://mypcname/  it works fine and is accessible. That is on port 80, it
works fine. Even other hosts like http://someotherhost:8080/ , my pc isnt
accessible.
I dont understand my it is giving me the error saying "No route to host"
when accessing from other pc.
I am using the server.xml  from coreservelets.com

The following seems to be running when i saw in ps -x
 9908 pts/1    Sl     0:03 /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_10/bin /java -
Djava.util.logging.manager =3Dorg.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManage

I checked out catalina.out, but that didnt not contain any errors for "No
route to host".
Please help

thanks
-Rsh

Problem precompiling jsps, please help

Posted by Andreas Rehn <an...@marakanda.se>.
Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading my tc 4.1 to 5.5 and I discover that my
maven goals for precompiling jsps does not work any more eventough I
referenced the new libs for jasper etc. I get java.lang.ClassCastException
in the jsp-compiler.. doen't say more than that unfortunately. Funny thing
is that when I run the exact same code with Ant it works!?? Has anybody run
into this problem before? My ant/maven code is pretty much ripped directly
from http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/printer/jasper-howto.html

All advice appreciated!

/Andreas

Strange problem with tomcat Please help

Posted by rr...@gmail.com.
[...]

Hmm, but http is connecting i mean http://mypcname/ is connecting. If its a
firewall issue, i thought even that shouldnt be connecting?

~Rsh

Posted by Dieter Schicker <di...@ling.uni-graz.at>.
Maybe a firewall issue?

Dieter

Posted by Mike Sabroff <mi...@cygnusb2b.com>.
no route to host is a dns or network problem. it would not be in the
catalina.out do a ps on apache...you will probably find that the default
fedora setup (unless you did not set up web server on installation) is
to install and run apache on boot-up which would be on port 80.

--
Mike Sabroff
Web Services

Re: Strange problem with tomcat Please help

Posted by rr...@gmail.com.
ok, i got it. sees like it was some firewall problem. i stopped iptables
service and it worked!