Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Sutton, Brent" <Br...@usa.xerox.com> on 2003/12/16 15:39:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse proxy problems

Hello,

I have an issue with Apache 2.0.47 utilized as a reverse proxy.  After using
Apache 1.3 successfully for years we upgraded to Apache 2.0.47 on Solaris 8.
We intermittently see a problem in which the "Proxy Error" screen comes
relating to 502 error.

The proxy server could not handle the request  comes up stating:

Reason:Error reading from remote server

If the client refreshes the browser.  The page comes up successfully.  Has
anyone got an idea on what may be causing this issue.

Thanks,

Brent