Posted to geospatial@apache.org by George Percivall <gp...@opengeospatial.org> on 2019/03/15 18:08:21 UTC

ApacheCon NA 2019 - Geospatial Track - Call for Presentations

Greetings,

ApacheCon NA 2019 will have a Geospatial Track.
This message invites you to propose a presentation and to forward this announcement.

ApacheConNA will be September 9-13, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
2019 is a special year for ApacheCon - 20 years of ApacheCon
The Geospatial Track will be on Monday September 9th.
The Call for Presentations is open:  http://apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html
Be sure to include “geospatial track” as part of your proposal

This is the fourth time a geospatial track has been organized at Apache events.
This message was sent to the previously established geospatial@apache.org as well as to several people in bcc

George

ApacheConNA 2019 Geospatial Track:
- September 9th, 2019, Las Vegas

Multiple Apache projects include geospatial information and processing.  The Geospatial Track at ApacheCon is an opportunity to discuss geospatial information implementations in Apache projects.   The track will consider a range of geospatial implementations ranging from location as an attribute, to projects which perform spatial analytics including handling of coordinate reference systems (CRSs), geometries and arrays. Emphasis is invited on the use of open standards including the recently updated CRS Well Known Text, version 2 from the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).  The geospatial track will foster discussions leading to reduced development effort through reuse and increased quality of geospatial information handling.  Discussions about this track are invited on geospatial@apache.org

Be sure to include “geospatial track” as part of your proposal to http://apachecon.com/acna19/cfp.html

George Percivall
OGC CTO, Chief Engineer
gpercivall@opengeospatial.org
@Percivall

Fwd: ApacheCon NA 2019 - Geospatial Track - Call for Presentations

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Is anyone using Calcite for geospatial work? If so, consider submitting a talk about what you are doing.

I spoke at the Geospatial track at last year’s ApacheCon in Montreal. It was excellent — over the course of a day there were talks from maybe 8 different projects, and a real sense of community and common purpose among the various projects trying to bring geospatial to the mainstream.

Julian