Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rebeccah H. Prastein" <rp...@zonelabs.com> on 2000/11/09 02:44:59 UTC

Jakarta NT Service setup clarifications

Hi.

I'm very new to Tomcat (and Java, and web servers... but let's not go
there), and I have the job here of installing it and getting a servlet
application up and running on it.  One of the requirements is that it
run as a service, so that when the server gets rebooted, the servlet
application starts automatically when the system comes up.

Another individual has already installed JDK 1.3 and tomcat 3.1 on the
system in question, and I am taking over from here.

My difficulty right now is in understanding the instructions on your
NT-Service-howto page, particularly instruction set 2.  The instructions
in the howto say to "Locate the wrapper.properties template file in your
Tomcat conf directory."  Does "locate" mean "find," or does it mean
"place"?  I don't see a copy of wrapper.properties anywhere in the
jakarta-tomcat directory hierarchy, and I don't know what it should look
like, to create one from scratch.

I see a tomcat.properties, a worker.properties, a
uriworkermap.properties, and a jni_workers.properties file.

Am I missing something obvious?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Rebeccah Prastein
Knowledgebase Producer, Zone Labs

R: Jakarta NT Service setup clarifications

Posted by Lorenzo Vaccari <lo...@provincia.tn.it>.
I don't know if you are using Tomcat + IIS (this is my configuration) but i
can tell you that i' ve read
the article at http://netspread.com/tomcat.html and that it's very useful.

Lorenzo Vaccari

Provincia Autonoma di Trento