Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> on 2007/05/28 07:55:23 UTC

[Axis2] Next Release 1.1.0?

We apparently did not get any serious bugs reported against 1.0.0
release. So IMHO, there is no immediate need for a 1.0.1.

In the mean time, we have progressed with more new features, especially,
we have the WS-Policy implementation integrated to the Axis2/C main svn
trunk. Hence I thin, as per our versioning guidelines, we should be
calling that 1.1.0. Given that WS-Policy is a useful addition to
Axis2/C's WS-* support, I think we should release it early.

Thoughts please...

Samisa...

Re: [Axis2] Next Release 1.1.0?

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
+1 for a realease.

But before the release some bug fixing and a proper way of freeing
neethi_assertion has to be done.

-Manjula.

Re: [Axis2] Time for 1.1.0 Release?

Posted by Sahan Gamage <sa...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/07, Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:

> We have some major improvements that is worth releasing:
>     - WS-Policy implementation
>     - WS-SecurityPolicy extentson
>     - Porting to Solaris and MacOS
>     - Some bug fixes
>
>     - We may also be able to get the improved Guththila code done by
> Supun.
>
>     So thoughts please...

+1 for the 1.1.0 release

    If we agree on 1.1.0, I could volunteer to be the release manager,
> of course provided that there is no competition ;)

+1 for Samisa as the release manager

Thanks,
> Samisa...

Thanks
-sahan

Re: [Axis2] Time for 1.1.0 Release?

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> writes:

> We have some major improvements that is worth releasing:
>    - WS-Policy implementation
>    - WS-SecurityPolicy extentson
>    - Porting to Solaris and MacOS
>    - Some bug fixes
>
>    - We may also be able to get the improved Guththila code done by Supun.
+1

>    If we agree on 1.1.0, I could volunteer to be the release manager,
> of course provided that there is no competition ;)
+1

thanks,
Dinesh

--
Dinesh Premalal
http://xydinesh.wordpress.com

Re: [Axis2] Time for 1.1.0 Release?

Posted by Kaushalye Kapuruge <ka...@wso2.com>.
+1 for the 1.1.0 and Samisa as the release mgr. :)
-Kau

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release.

Nandika

nandika@wso2.com
WSO2 Inc: http://www.wso2.com

Re: [Axis2] Time for 1.1.0 Release?

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> We have some major improvements that is worth releasing:
>    - WS-Policy implementation
>    - WS-SecurityPolicy extentson
>    - Porting to Solaris and MacOS
>    - Some bug fixes
>
>    - We may also be able to get the improved Guththila code done by
> Supun.
>
>    So thoughts please...

+1 for 1.1.0
Damitha

Re: [Axis2] Time for 1.1.0 Release?

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the 1.1.0 release, release manager, also +1 for the guththila
improvements.

Milinda..

--
milinda@wso2.com
WSO2, Inc: http://www.wso2.com "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform"

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <du...@wso2.com>.

[Axis2] Time for 1.1.0 Release?

Re: [Axis2] Next Release 1.1.0?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi,
> Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> writes:
>

>> We apparently did not get any serious bugs reported against 1.0.0
>> release. So IMHO, there is no immediate need for a 1.0.1.
>>
> Can we presume that there may be Axis2/C 1.0.1 release someother day?

Yes you can. We have the 1.0.0 branch, and as we discussed in another
thread some time back, if one wants just a pure patch version of that
branch, we can do a 1.0.1 at any point.
> Do we have any plans to follow Apr version numbering [1]?

Yes we do. And I hope doing a 1.1.0 is in line with that. We should not
break ABI/API rules.
For 1.1.0, we would have additional API, but not change/remove current
API. We have to test for ABI of course.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.bloglines.com/blog/samisa

Re: [Axis2] Next Release 1.1.0?

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> writes:

> We apparently did not get any serious bugs reported against 1.0.0
> release. So IMHO, there is no immediate need for a 1.0.1.
Can we presume that there may be Axis2/C 1.0.1 release someother day?
Do we have any plans to follow Apr version numbering [1]?

> In the mean time, we have progressed with more new features,
> especially, we have the WS-Policy implementation integrated to the
> Axis2/C main svn trunk. Hence I thin, as per our versioning
> guidelines, we should be calling that 1.1.0. Given that WS-Policy is a
> useful addition to Axis2/C's WS-* support, I think we should release
> it early.

+1.

thanks,
Dinesh