Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2000/07/01 20:22:00 UTC

Re: Xalan and Xerces (1_1_0 and 1_2_0)

Hi Peter,

You cannot use the latest Xerces with Xalan 0.30.0, as you have discovered.
You can get new sources from CVS, or you can wait until we release a new
build.  The target date for the build is this coming Wednesday, although
that depends on when  Xerces 1.2.0 is frozen.

Dave

                    "Peter Murphy"
                    <peterm@fast.fujit        To:     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                    su.com.au>                cc:     "Graham Ball" <gr...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>, "Gary Evans"
                                              <ga...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>, (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    06/29/2000 08:58          Subject:     Xalan and Xerces (1_1_0 and 1_2_0)
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    xalan-dev

I'm in a dilemma.

I want to use Xalan, yet I also want to use Xerces 1.2.0 (rather than
Xerces
1.1.0).

I've tried compiling (VC6-SP3 on NT) Xalan 0.30 using the newer (1.2.0)
header files. I've got bugs like:

NullPrintWriter.cpp
..\..\..\..\src\PlatformSupport/Writer.hpp(71) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'util/XML4CDefs.hpp': No such file or directory

(I also got a similar message for util/TextOutputStream.hpp).

If I try to like xerces_1D.lib into Xalan 0.30 (which I doubted would work,
but it was worth a try), I get errors like:

DOMStringHelper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class TextOutputStream & __thiscall
TextOutputStream::operator<<(unsigned short const * const)"
(__imp_??6TextOutputStream@@QAEAAV0@QBG@Z)

It appears that TextOutputStream has been removed from the latest version
of
Xerces. Is there any good substitute that I could integrate into my code?

(Or is there a latest version of Xalan where the work has been done for
me?.
I heard something about it in the works.)

Thank you.

Regards,
Peter