Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Marshall Roch <ma...@exclupen.com> on 2004/01/04 09:31:22 UTC

Re: [PLAN] Move to XHTML2 in V0.7

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> This is a summary thread of the intention of the Forrest team to change
> the base document format from DocumentDTD to the relevant parts of XHTML2:

This would still only allow a subset of XHTML2, correct? Basically the
features of DocumentDTD with a different syntax?  All of XHTML2 would
give content editors too much power. :)

<snip>
> What does this mean?
>
> * the *base* document format will be XHTML2, instead of DocumentDTD.
> * the documents will be validated with RelaxNG as the spec has such a
> schema.

Sounds cool.

<snip>
> I propose that, as has already been suggested, we change to a single
> transformation file:

Huge +1.  All of these files were mind boggling when first starting out
with Forrest.

--
Marshall Roch