Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dean Del Ponte <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/14 19:06:54 UTC

Solr 1.4 and Nutch 1.0 Integration

I'm new to Solr, but I'm interested in setting it up to act like a google
search appliance to crawl and index my website.

It's my understanding that nutch provides the web crawling but needs to be
integrated with Solr in order to get a google search appliance type
experience.

Two questions:

1.  Is the scenario I'm outlining above possible?
2.  If it is possible, where may I found documentation describing how to set
up a Solr/Nutch instance?

Thanks for your help,

Dean Del Ponte

Re: LocalParams, quotes, bug?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu> wrote:
> {!dismax qf=$some_qf}   => no problem, and debugQuery reveals it is indeed
> using the qf I desire.
>
> {!dismax qf='$some_qf'}  => Solr throws "undefined field $some_qf".
>
> Is this a bug in Solr?

Nope, it's by design.
Parameter referencing is pretty simple... the only thing that works is
a bare foo=$bar

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

LocalParams, quotes, bug?

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.
So using LocalParams with dollar-sign references to other parameters.

In LocalParams in general, you can use single-quotes for values that
have spaces in them:

{!dismax qf='field^5 field2^10'}    =>   no problem

And even if the value does not have spaces, you can use single quotes
too, why not:

{!dismax qf='field'}   => no problem

But when it comes to dollar sign variable dereferences, this does not
seem to be true.

Re: Solr 1.4 and Nutch 1.0 Integration

Posted by Dean Del Ponte <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Dean,

In general, you'll get more help about Nutch with Solr on the Nutch list than on the Solr one.

Here it the info:

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunningNutchAndSolr

 Otis
----

> I'm new to Solr, but I'm interested in setting it up to act like a
> google
search appliance to crawl and index my website.

It's my
> understanding that nutch provides the web crawling but needs to be
integrated
> with Solr in order to get a google search appliance
> type
experience.

Two questions:

1.  Is the scenario I'm
> outlining above possible?
2.  If it is possible, where may I found
> documentation describing how to set
up a Solr/Nutch instance?

Thanks
> for your help,