Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pete <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/22 21:11:56 UTC

M2 basic question about generate-sources and xdoclet

1) I'm using the xdoclet plugin to generate the EJB .java files for
Home, Remote etc,
these are currently going in the ejb JAR as .java files, surely the
.class files should go in the .jar file.

The only .class file in my EJB jar is the ....Bean.class that has my
xdoclet tags on it.

2) Where should I store the generated .java files, as I don't want
them in SCM, but I'm thiniking if their not under src\main\java then
they won't get compiled.

I'm using :-

<plugin>
				<artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
				<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
				<version>1.0-alpha-1</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>xdoclet</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<tasks>
								<!-- Here is the code that would normally appear inside a
<target> block in an ant script  : -->
								<ejbdoclet destdir="${project.build.outputDirectory}">
									<fileset dir="${basedir}/src/main/java" includes="**/*Bean.java"/>
									<entitycmp destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}"/>
									 <session/>
									<remoteinterface pattern="{0}Remote"/>
									<homeinterface pattern="{0}RemoteHome"/>
									<localhomeinterface/>
									<deploymentdescriptor
destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF"/>
									<orion destdir="${build.dir}/ejb/META-INF" />
								</ejbdoclet>
							</tasks>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

Re: M2 basic question about generate-sources and xdoclet

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.
Meant to say I HAVE solved by using :-

 <ejbdoclet destdir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet">

 although I notice the output .jar file has both the generated .class
 files and the .java
 is this able to be corrected ?

Posted by Pete <pe...@gmail.com>.
I haven't solved by using :-