Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hemant Chaudhary <he...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/15 11:56:39 UTC

[users@httpd] ThreadsPerChild in apache-2.4.37

Hi All,

1) I am using apache-2.4.37 and found that when I am setting
ThreadsPerChild to 5 or 10, it is not creating that number of threads.
Still it creates default threads i:e 25 in debug mode (-X) option.
Whether this parameter doesn't work in debug mode or any issue in
apache-2.4.37 ?

2) I am not able to handle SIGTERM signal in apache server when using
worker module whereas it is possible in prefork module when starting in
debug mode (-X).
While going thorough the code, I came across this snippet :

/* !one_process */
        /* remove SIGTERM from the set of blocked signals...  if one of
         * the other threads in the process needs to take us down
         * (e.g., for MaxConnectionsPerChild) it will send us SIGTERM
         */
        unblock_signal(SIGTERM);
        apr_signal(SIGTERM, dummy_signal_handler);

Whereas unblock_signal is missing in debug mode i:e one process mode.

Whether this is the reason that we are not able to handle sigterm in worker
because it is blocked ?

Thanks
Hemant