Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Soumya Nayak <sn...@firstam.com.INVALID> on 2020/08/06 05:02:32 UTC

Load Test/ Performance Test Industry Standards

HI Team,

Is there any link or reference in JMeter website or any forum specifically which talks about industry standards to follow for  a load test or stress test etc.

Regards,
Ranjan

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial
messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~
FAFLD

Re: Load Test/ Performance Test Industry Standards

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Hi Ranjan

I haven't heard of any standards for load testing. But if you find some,
you are welcome to make us aware of them.

Why do you need such a standard?

Felix

Posted by Barcode S K <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I don't believe there are industry standards about load testing given the
amount of variations in application architectures, underlying hardware, OS,
software, load patterns, etc.

Most load testing tools will offer you best practices that you should
follow when using them. For example- JMeter has its own.
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices>

If you're interested in some literature, you could consider reading this
book Foundations of Software and System Performance Engineering
<https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/foundations-of-software/9780133038149/>
.
<https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/foundations-of-software/9780133038149/>

-SK