Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mr X0rcist <mr...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/10 07:02:14 UTC

Guacamole Branding

Hi,

I would like to understand rather than creating new extension, for test
environment, won't it work if I directly update the

en.json for the text which I want to be changed/updaed

And also replace the logo file in images folder i.e.

*logo-144.png*  *logo-64.png*  *noguacamole-logo-24.png*

and restart the server?

Will it cause any issue or will it work in the test environment or do I
also need to change something else as well

thanks

Re: Guacamole Branding

Posted by Zer0Cool <me...@gmail.com>.
Aside from my extension template (Thanks @Fabian for linking it), which in my
biased opinion is the best way to add branding to the login screen, I have
included a link to my repos wiki that links to posts describing how this is
done.

https://github.com/Zer0CoolX/guacamole-customize-loginscreen-extension/wiki/Helpful-Resources

As I explain in the readme for my extension template, doing this via an
extension has many benefits.

Hope this helps.

Re: Guacamole Branding

Posted by Fabian Rodriguez <ma...@member.fsf.org>.
On February 10, 2019 3:38:03 AM EST, Mr X0rcist <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks. Is there any step by step process, for non-programmers to do
>the
>branding ?
>
>Appreciate your help.
>

>On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:46 PM Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Feb 9, 2019, 23:02 Mr X0rcist <mr.x0rcist@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to understand rather than creating new extension, for
>test
>>> environment, won't it work if I directly update the
>>>
>>> en.json for the text which I want to be changed/updaed
>>>
>>> And also replace the logo file in images folder i.e.
>>>
>>> *logo-144.png*  *logo-64.png*  *noguacamole-logo-24.png*
>>>
>>> and restart the server?
>>>
>>> Will it cause any issue or will it work in the test environment or
>do I
>>> also need to change something else as well
>>>

>> If you wish to apply branding, you should really use the mechanism
>> provided for doing so: extensions. You will not be doing yourself any
>> favors by avoiding this.
>>
>> Things are not designed to be modified in the way you describe. Even
>if it
>> seems to work, any such behavior is undefined and should not be
>relied
>> upon. It is bad practice.
>>
>> - Mike

See: