Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anup Ray <an...@safeguardproperties.com> on 2002/09/26 19:29:51 UTC

how to integrate tomcat with apache

I am a newbie in tomcat. I installed tomcat in Solaris and configured it at
port 8090. Now I want to integrate it with apache ssl web server working
with port 443 in the same server and get  a spellcheck application working.
Now with tomcat spellcheck is working as you see here:
http://u10-3:8090/jspellhtml/test.html.org	---click spellcheck

But when it is accessed via apache  spellcheck does not work as you see
here:
https://u10-3/jspellhtml/test.html.org      --click spellcheck

It is giving error: 405 Method not allowed.

Could any body help me out.
Thanks,
anup ray

RE: how to integrate tomcat with apache

Posted by Anup Ray <an...@safeguardproperties.com>.
Thanks for your suggestions: more info. are given below:
1. Java version:
 ./java -version
java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0, mixed mode)

2. Tomcat version: jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
3. Apache ssl version:
Apache/1.3.22 Server at cdidev.safeguardproperties.com Port 443

There is no errors posted for this in apache error_log file.

actually my problem is how to make apache working taking jsp from tomcat.
Do these mean anything to you.
If you could suggest me something to get over it, that will be great.
Anup

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@emerging-trade.com>.
It looks your host is not a public one. Your URLs are not accessible. Try if
you can access your host from out of your local network.

How are you integrating with Apache? Are you using AJP connector or Warp
conenctor or proxy? Post the complete information for people to help you.

Raj Saini

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: how to integrate tomcat with apache