Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch> on 2009/10/07 17:16:58 UTC

Versions plugin and metadata

Hi

I'm having a lot of trouble with the versions plugin.
I was doing a lot of tests where I deployed a lot of versions and SNAPSHOTs into our local Nexus repo.

After the tests I deleted all these test versions from Nexus and rebuilt the index.

However, I forgot the local repo, where everything was still alive (I noticed since the versions plugin put in some of those test versions). After cleaning that up (basically deleting everything), I'm still having trouble.

As was answered before, the versions plugin gets the version from the metadata in the repo and then tries to find that version/SNAPSHOT in the repo.
This then is the point where things fall apart, because my metadata tells me the latest SNAPSHOT is 1.18.0-SNAPSHOT while the repo only contains 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

To make a long story short: How can I deleted all that wrong metadata and make sure it never comes back to haunt me?

Thanks for any pointer...

Best regards,
Eric

AW: Versions plugin and metadata

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
It turns out that the metadata was wrong in Nexus and copied over to the local repo.
Just if anyone else has this problem...

Best regards,
Eric

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.