Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Muratet <mu...@eng.uah.edu> on 2005/01/30 20:47:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Disabling modules you don't want

Greetings

I solved a problem I was having with an obsolete version of
mod_auth_mysql. Now I'm having problems with mod_auth_pgsql. I don't have
postgres and don't plan on getting it. I didn't enable it on the
./configure command line but the module appears nonetheless leading me to
believe it's a default. How do I get rid of it so that I can start httpd?

Thanks

Mike

Re: [users@httpd] Disabling modules you don't want

Posted by Jeff <jd...@azimapower.com>.
Mike Muratet wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Jeff wrote:
>

>>Mike Muratet wrote:
>>
>>>Greetings
>>>
>>>I solved a problem I was having with an obsolete version of
>>>mod_auth_mysql. Now I'm having problems with mod_auth_pgsql. I don't have
>>>postgres and don't plan on getting it. I didn't enable it on the
>>>./configure command line but the module appears nonetheless leading me to
>>>believe it's a default. How do I get rid of it so that I can start httpd?
>>
>>Its not a default module, so you may have another issue...but commenting it out
>>in the AddModule/LoadModule list will stop it from being loaded when apache starts.
>>
>>Jeff
>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Mike
>>>

> Jeff
>
> I had already checked for that. There's nothing in my httpd.conf that asks
> for it. I tried to remove it from /modules by changing the name and it
> just crashes. There is another instance of httpd running on this machine,
> but in a completely different path.
>
> Any ideas?

What does the output of `httpd -l` say (shows compiled modules).  is your, or
the other, apache in your path?  are you specifying the full path to apachectl
when you start it?  Actually how are you starting it with init scripts or with
apachectl.  What is your OS etc? I'd also find the other httpd and find out if
it has mod_auth_pgsql compiled in with httpd -l.

HTH
Jeff

Re: [users@httpd] Disabling modules you don't want

Posted by Mike Muratet <mu...@eng.uah.edu>.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Mike Muratet wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Jeff wrote:
>

> > Mike Muratet wrote:
> > > Greetings
> > >
> > > I solved a problem I was having with an obsolete version of
> > > mod_auth_mysql. Now I'm having problems with mod_auth_pgsql. I don't have
> > > postgres and don't plan on getting it. I didn't enable it on the
> > > ./configure command line but the module appears nonetheless leading me to
> > > believe it's a default. How do I get rid of it so that I can start httpd?
> >
> > Its not a default module, so you may have another issue...but commenting it out
> > in the AddModule/LoadModule list will stop it from being loaded when apache starts.
> >
> > Jeff
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >

> Jeff
>
> I had already checked for that. There's nothing in my httpd.conf that asks
> for it. I tried to remove it from /modules by changing the name and it
> just crashes. There is another instance of httpd running on this machine,
> but in a completely different path.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Ach so. It's coming in through a file in the conf.d directory. Rename this
and the problem goes away.

Posted by Mike Muratet <mu...@eng.uah.edu>.

Posted by Jeff <jd...@azimapower.com>.