Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2023/02/14 14:32:03 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Name confirmation before Destructive and unrecoverable actions

Hey guys,

Cloudstack users can delete their account accidentally and lock themselves from accessing the CloudStack panel. A link to an account placed next to ISO, template, VM and other entities in CloudStack's UI. If customers doesn't paying attention, they would click on the account link instead of the link to the entity they want (vm, template, ISO etc.) Then, if they had wanted to delete that entity, they would press delete button without realising they were on the account page, and press Confirm.

I'm suggesting to add an extra step before deletion. In that step users must write the account name, unless otherwise they can't confirm deletion. Github, like many other applications asks you to write down the entity's name before DESTRUCTIVE and UNRECOVERABLE actions.

I've also created the following issue in Github:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/7219

Please let me know your thoughts about the proposal.

Kind regards,
Sina

Re: [DISCUSSION] Name confirmation before Destructive and unrecoverable actions

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <Ha...@shapeblue.com>.
I agree with Sina to some extent as he mentioned in the PR, we should not allow deleting the own user account from UI alteast. I tried deleting the user where I logged in, it immediately kicked me out of the logged in session.

Daan, we are already not allowing a normal user to delete their own account. This case is for the root/resource/domain admin accounts.

Regards,
Harikrishna

On 16/02/23, 8:53 PM, "Sina Kashipazha" <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID> wrote:

Daan, I created the following PR, it don't allow users to delete themselves.

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSSION] Name confirmation before Destructive and unrecoverable actions

Posted by Sina Kashipazha <s....@protonmail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Agree with Daan

-Wei