Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Scott Anderson <sa...@organic.com> on 2001/02/21 21:31:20 UTC

building xerces-c application on AIX v4.3.3

I am trying to build an xerces-c application on AIX v4.3.3.  The documentation makes it plainly clear I need IBM's xlC 3.6.4 compilers but neither I nor our AIX administrator can figure out where to locate these tools, let alone how to install them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has gotten the xerces-c library to build with any standard gnu compilers on AIX v4.3.3 that would be a solution too!

Scott Anderson
Software Engineer
Organic, Inc.
sanderso@organic.com