Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ma...@student.uni-ulm.de on 2004/07/22 10:10:43 UTC

[CForms] empty field of type integer

Hi,
I'm trying to use a cforms-field of type integer in combination with an
appropriate converter. I don't want this field to be required so an empty value
could be possible. But if this happens, the convertor will throw an exception
that it cannot convert an empty value to an integer...
Therefore my question is: is there any "standard" (implemented) solution for
this problem (I didn't find something useful in the examples; they're all using
'required' integer fields)?
Best regards,
Mat Wiegard

Re: [CForms] empty field of type integer

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:10, mathias.wiegard@student.uni-ulm.de wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use a cforms-field of type integer in combination with an
> appropriate converter. I don't want this field to be required so an empty value
> could be possible. But if this happens, the convertor will throw an exception
> that it cannot convert an empty value to an integer...
> Therefore my question is: is there any "standard" (implemented) solution for
> this problem (I didn't find something useful in the examples; they're all using
> 'required' integer fields)?

Strange, in case the value is empty the convertor shouldn't be called in
the first place. How exactly did you achieve this and what version of
Cocoon are you using?