Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2007/12/17 16:56:58 UTC

Better checksum files for release artifacts

This discussion refers to the 2.2.1 release
vote thread on incubator-general:
http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg16113.html

There apparently is a standard way to format
checksum files, and it's not the format we
produce with gpg.  I hunted around the documentation
in maven land, but was unable to find anything
useful.

Here's what I got to work.  Modify the pom in
uimaj-distr, more precisely, the ant-run plugin:

			<plugin>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>documentation</id>
						<phase>package</phase>
						<configuration>
							<tasks>
								<!-- Build documentation -->
								<ant dir="../uima-docbooks"
									inheritAll="false" />
								<!-- build eclipse update site -->
								<ant
									dir="../uimaj-eclipse-update-site">
									<!-- surprise! the ant call here does not pass any parms,
										even if you set inheritAll="true"

										Setting the property explicitly does work, though -->

									<!-- don't pass this in - it has the wrong punctuation - the
										version ends in -incubating, and we need .incubating -->
									<!-- property name="project.version" value="${project.version}"/-->
								</ant>
							</tasks>
						</configuration>
						<goals>
							<goal>run</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
					<execution>
						<id>checksum</id>
						<phase>install</phase>
						<configuration>
							<tasks>
								<checksum algorithm="sha1">
									<fileset dir="target">
										<include name="*.gz" />
										<include name="*.bz2" />
										<include name="*.zip" />
									</fileset>
								</checksum>
								<checksum algorithm="md5">
									<fileset dir="target">
										<include name="*.gz" />
										<include name="*.bz2" />
										<include name="*.zip" />
									</fileset>
								</checksum>
							</tasks>
						</configuration>
						<goals>
							<goal>run</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

Sorry for the formatting, copy into xml editor of your
choice.

The call: "mvn assembly:assembly install"
and it all seems to work.  Since as usual
with maven, I have no idea of what I'm doing,
I would appreciate your help.  Does anybody
know of a way to do this better?

--Thilo

Re: Better checksum files for release artifacts

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Dec 17, 2007 4:01 PM, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Adam Lally wrote:
> > How about just calling ant from
> > the signRelease.sh script?
> >
> >  -Adam
>
> Sure, except that (and correct me if I'm wrong) we then
> need a build.xml in uimaj-distr, which is yet another build
> artifact.  I would prefer to have as much build info in
> one place as possible.  One day maven may support creating
> checksums for assemblies, and we can just get rid of the
> ant-run execution.  Makes no great difference to me, though.

Yeah, that's true.  Let's keep it your way then.
-Adam

Re: Better checksum files for release artifacts

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.