Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alireza Eskandari <as...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/11/18 21:03:07 UTC

building CS with vmware generates errors

I want to build CS 4.3.1 with "noredist".
For first time I use vSphere 5.1 SDK but I got some errors about missing classes so I download and extract vSphere 5.5 SDK and resolve that errors.
But I face with this error when I try to compile the code:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project cloud-vmware-base: Compilation failure[ERROR] /root/apache-cloudstack-4.3.1-src/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/mo/VirtualDiskManagerMO.java:[136,59] moveVirtualDiskTask(com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectReference,java.lang.String,com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectReference,java.lang.String,com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectReference,java.lang.Boolean,java.util.List<com.vmware.vim25.VirtualMachineProfileSpec>) in com.vmware.vim25.VimPortType cannot be applied to (com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectReference,java.lang.String,com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectReference,java.lang.String,com.vmware.vim25.ManagedObjectReference,boolean)
Some methods such as "moveVirtualDiskTask" changed from vSphere 5.1 to vSphere 5.5.
As you see in the link below, "profile" is implemented Since vSphere API 5.5 but I don't see related parameter in VirtualDiskManagerMO.java.https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/converter-sdk/conv55_apireference/vim.VirtualDiskManager.html#moveVirtualDisk

How can I resolve this?

Re: building CS with vmware generates errors

Posted by Alireza Eskandari <as...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I found the solution!I use vim25.jar file that exist in "https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=VSP510-WEBSDK-510"Using "http://zooi.widodh.nl/cloudstack/build-dep/vmware-vim25.jar" makes errors.