Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Hartmaier Alexander <Al...@t-systems.at> on 2005/06/15 14:44:52 UTC

cdbi & embperl

Hi lists!

I use Embperl (2.0) since over 3 years now and Class::DBI since I discovered
it approx. at the beginning of this year.

I want to implement functions or methods to display html tables for some of
my cdbi objects with different filters (e.g. show all, show only a subset
based on an sql where clause AND sort them by different columns).

At the moment (without the use of cdbi) I have an 'embperl library' which I
load with

[!

  Execute ({ inputfile => 'library.epl', import => 1 });'

!]

in every of my pages.

In this library I have defined several subs which get the database handle,
the sql query or sometimes only the where clause and the sort field(s)
passed and print the table with Embperl.

I thought that it *might* be better to move them into a method of the
different classes...

Is there a preferred way to do this or how to some of you do it?

With kind regards

Alexander Hartmaier

T-Systems Austria GesmbH

Rennweg 97-99 1030 Wien

phone: +43 57057-4320

fax: +43 57057-95-4320

mobile: +43 676 8642 4320

mail: alexander.hartmaier@t-systems.at

internet: http://www.t-systems.at <http://www.t-systems.at/>

RE: cdbi & embperl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Is there a preferred way to do this or how to some of you do it?

You should move it to the Embperl application object. Then you can put it in
$epreq -> {foo} and access it from every of your pages

Gerald