Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by aa...@buffalo.edu on 2010/01/17 08:49:04 UTC

Eclipse Plugin for Hadoop

Hi all,
       I was just looking around and I stumbled across the Eclipse plugin for
Hadoop. Have any of you guys used this plug in ? Any thoughts on this ?

Best Regards from Buffalo

Abhishek Agrawal

SUNY- Buffalo
(716-435-7122)

Re: Eclipse Plugin for Hadoop

Posted by Martin Hall <ma...@karmasphere.com>.
If you're not wedded to Eclipse, you might want to take a look at Karmasphere Studio which gives you a bunch of stuff in a NetBeans environment.
http://www.hadoopstudio.org

Martin

--
Martin Hall
skype: martin-hall

Re: Eclipse Plugin for Hadoop

Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Abhishek,  I have used it.  It has a few problems: it depends on both
Eclipse and Hadoop class hierarchy and in general needs to be recompiled for
your configuration, but it does allow to run your jobs on multiple locations
and to browse the HDFS.  You need to set the eclipse.home variable in order
to compile it under ant. --Alex

Posted by Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>.
I use it all the time. See http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipsePlugIn

Kind regards