Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Andy DePue <an...@marathon-man.com> on 2007/04/10 00:53:44 UTC

journaledJDBC no longer exists?

We are looking into upgrading from AMQ 3.1 to 4.1.1 (embedded in a
Spring based app).  I attempted to get things going using the spring XML
below, based on examples given on the AMQ web site.  However, the XSD
does not define a "journaledJDBC" element, and any attempt to use it
results in a validation error at runtime.  Has this been removed or
replaced?  If so, what should one use as an alternative to get identical
behavior?

Here is XML I attempted:

<beans
    xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
      http://activemq.org/config/1.0
http://people.apache.org/repository/org.apache.activemq/xsds/activemq-core-4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.xsd">

  <amq:broker id="activemq.broker" useJmx="true" persistent="true">
    <amq:persistenceAdapter>
      <amq:journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="/var/amq/journal" dataSource="#derby-ds"/>
    </amq:persistenceAdapter>
    <amq:transportConnectors>
      <amq:transportConnector
uri="tcp://localhost:${activemq.broker.port}"/>
    </amq:transportConnectors>
  </amq:broker>

Re: journaledJDBC no longer exists?

Posted by Andy DePue <an...@marathon-man.com>.
I've managed to get Spring to load the .xml by fully installing XBean
into my project (including using it to load my Spring app context).
However, my IDE (IntelliJ IDEA 6.0.5) gives me the red error highlight
on the amq:journaledJDBC element, so either the .xsd doesn't define it
for amq:persistenceAdapter, or IDEA isn't validating against the .xsd
properly.

  - Andy

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
No, journaledJDBC is still there. If you are having issues configuring
ActiveMQ inside a regular Spring.xml you could try using the factory
bean instead...

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

On 4/9/07, Andy DePue <an...@marathon-man.com> wrote:
> We are looking into upgrading from AMQ 3.1 to 4.1.1 (embedded in a
> Spring based app).  I attempted to get things going using the spring XML
> below, based on examples given on the AMQ web site.  However, the XSD
> does not define a "journaledJDBC" element, and any attempt to use it
> results in a validation error at runtime.  Has this been removed or
> replaced?  If so, what should one use as an alternative to get identical
> behavior?
>
> Here is XML I attempted:
>
> <beans
>     xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>     xmlns:amq="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
>       http://activemq.org/config/1.0
> http://people.apache.org/repository/org.apache.activemq/xsds/activemq-core-4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.xsd">
>
>   <amq:broker id="activemq.broker" useJmx="true" persistent="true">
>     <amq:persistenceAdapter>
>       <amq:journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
> dataDirectory="/var/amq/journal" dataSource="#derby-ds"/>
>     </amq:persistenceAdapter>
>     <amq:transportConnectors>
>       <amq:transportConnector
> uri="tcp://localhost:${activemq.broker.port}"/>
>     </amq:transportConnectors>
>   </amq:broker>

James
-------