Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ca...@usitc.gov on 2006/12/16 03:43:53 UTC

accesing a in code and testing

A page, lets call is PageX, uses a bean with request scope.

The beans configuration requires something more complex that what is
allowed by the lightweight initialization -- so using the annotation is
out.  I use the <bean> element in the page specification with a series
of <set> elements.

Now I need to access to the bean in the page's java class . . . And of
course I would like to test it.  I can't fine a way to use the @Bean or
@InjectObject annotation I fall back on getBeans().

However, it is pretty awkward to test.  My tests must include a nested
subclass of PageX that includes an abstract public abstract
IBeanProvider getBeans() method to trip the Creator into enhancing both
the dummy setter as well as the getter.  I use this to exercise the code
in question with a mock IBeanProvider.

Is there a easier way to accomplish this?  Can I use an existing
annotation to gain access to a bean defined in the specification file -
similar to @InjectComponent?

Carlos