Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/05/11 19:49:24 UTC

Re: setting keywords prop automatically via .subversion/config file?

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 14:47, mike south wrote:

>       [auto-props]
>       * = svn:keywords "Author Date Id Rev URL"

There's your bug.  You forgot the equals sign.  It should read

        * = svn:keywords="Author Date Id Rev URL"

At the moment, you're creating a property with a really, really long
name.  ;-)

Re: setting keywords prop automatically via .subversion/config file?

Posted by mike south <ms...@nandomedia.com>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 14:47, mike south wrote:
>

>>      [auto-props]
>>      * = svn:keywords "Author Date Id Rev URL"
>
> There's your bug.  You forgot the equals sign.  It should read
>
>         * = svn:keywords="Author Date Id Rev URL"
>
> At the moment, you're creating a property with a really, really long
> name.  ;-)

Thanks Ben!  Fwiw, I swore I had tried that, but it turns out I only
tried it on my *.pl line, and I was testing on extensionless files :(.
Sorry to waste your time, but thanks for the help.

It might be a good idea for subversion to warn you if you set a property
starting with "svn:" that it doesn't recognize, since it might cause a
conflict later.  (Although in this case I think I might be safe in
assuming that there will never be one called 'svn:keywords "Author Date
Id Rev URL"' :) ).

mike

       Name : Mike South
      Title : Software Developer