Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Mike Dierken <mi...@DataChannel.com> on 2000/03/31 19:04:33 UTC

Stylebook - output - looks too small

I'm playing with the Stylebook stuff & the way <source> elements get
displayed uses a <font size='-1'>

On my browser this looks kind of small... is it okay if I bump it up to the
default size? (just remove the size= part)

Mike D

Re: Stylebook - output - looks too small

Posted by Daniel Barclay <ds...@smart.net>.

> From: Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>

> Mike,
>
> 	The Stylebook output is a compromise between browsers.  In general,
> whatever we do will look too small on Macintosh browsers, and if we fix
> it,
> it will be too big everywhere else.  I don't know of a way to fix this,
> so
> that everybody is happy.

Don't even try to fix it in the HTML source.

If users don't have their systems (browsers, windowing systems, etc.)
configured to use a comfortable actual screen font size to display text
in HTML's default virtual font size, those users should adjust their
systems.  The HTML documents should not be perverted.

(Please see Warren Steel's article "What's wrong with the FONT element?"
at http://www.mcsr.olemiss.edu/~mudws/font.html.)

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net

Re: Stylebook - output - looks too small

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
Mike,

	The Stylebook output is a compromise between browsers.  In general,
whatever we do will look too small on Macintosh browsers, and if we fix
it,
it will be too big everywhere else.  I don't know of a way to fix this,
so
that everybody is happy.

Mike