Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2009/07/08 00:36:31 UTC

[ModContrib] How to go on the svn.4sengines.eu

Hi all,

In order to help the lenya community development, I set up an svn dedicated
to lenya's modules contribution.

This svn is a first step, if some of us use it, I could set up a front end
cms.

-- How it's work ?

* Like an SVN ! :)
* read access is open, one or groups can have write access

-- How to create an account ?

* for now you have to send me :
1) - an apache digest password, to set-up it :
1.1) type this command : htdigest -c YOURNAME.htpasswd svn YOURNAME
1.2) send me the YOURNAME.htpasswd file

2) - write a mail with
2.1) the name of the module
2.2) the name of people who have write access to your module

-- How to use ?

* After the creation of your module space you can svn it with this address
http://svn.4sengines.eu/modcontrib/YOURMODULENAME

Hope you agree with this initiative.

++

Re: [ModContrib] How to go on the svn.4sengines.eu

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.
Hi Florent,

Am 10.07.2009 um 01:42 schrieb Florent André:

> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:48:59 +0200, rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de
> wrote:
>> Hi Florent,
>>
>> Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> schrieb am 08.07.2009
>> 00:36:31:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In order to help the lenya community development, I set up an svn
>> dedicated
>>> to lenya's modules contribution.
>>>

>> From MPOV very good :) .
>
> Thanks Rudolf, I begin to feel like a desperate housewife ! :)
>
> Just to be clear with this set-up :
> This is not a despotic choice for the contribution svn : this is just
> because few people answer to previous mail on this subject and
> because I
> have to set up an svn for my project (during this set-up I think :
> okay why
> don't set up one for Lenya contrib?)
>
> So, discussion about the choice of svn provider for module contrib
> is not
> close. I waiting for you about suggesting of external svn provider,
> after
> benchmark of this suggestions, we can choice the best for our need.
> Until
> that, this svn can be a solution.

I think it's hard to start, but when the first contributions come up
things will go on
and other people will contribute as well and may use your platform, or
their own
environment.

I also have some code to provide but it's currently not good enough
and I need time to make it better.

>> For people who aren't committers and have no svn server its easy to
>> develop
>> and show their modules.
>
> I think this (contrib svn) can be also good for people who have
> personnal
> svn, but want to share this module in the future : with this,
> anybody can
> view the future module and ask for a write access in order to help
> (?? a
> sweet dreams ?? :) )
>
>> And  for committers it's easy to have a look for modules for the
>> lenya
>> contribution area.
>
> For committers and for future users and customers : open source
> project
> earn brownie points if they see on one place many modules on different
> subjects...
>
>> Looking forward to your contributions.
>
> Not just me ! I hope that other Lenya user will share modules, piece
> of
> codes, publications,...

Yes this is indeed true and I like you engagment very much.
And don't give up if you think you have not enough feedback at the
moment.

Best

Rudolf

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.