Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lee Carroll <le...@googlemail.com> on 2013/08/07 18:10:31 UTC

DIH Problem: create multiple docs from a single entity

Hi

I've 2 tables with the following data

table 1
id treatment_list
1 a,b
2 b,c

table 2
treatment id, name
a                  name1
b                  name 2
c                  name 3

Using DIH can you create an index of the form

id-treatment-id name
1a                  name1
1b                  name2
2b                  name2
2c                  name3

In short can I splt the comma separated field and process each as an
entity. From the docs and the wiki I can't see anything obvious.

I feel I'm missing something easier here. (Note its not my data so can't do
anything with the dodgy csv field )

Re: DIH Problem: create multiple docs from a single entity

Posted by Raymond Wiker <rw...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 7, 2013, at 18:10 , Lee Carroll <le...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've 2 tables with the following data
>
> table 1
> id treatment_list
> 1 a,b
> 2 b,c
>
> table 2
> treatment id, name
> a                  name1
> b                  name 2
> c                  name 3
>
> Using DIH can you create an index of the form
>
> id-treatment-id name
> 1a                  name1
> 1b                  name2
> 2b                  name2
> 2c                  name3
>
> In short can I splt the comma separated field and process each as an
> entity. From the docs and the wiki I can't see anything obvious.
>
> I feel I'm missing something easier here. (Note its not my data so can't do
> anything with the dodgy csv field )

I think this is an SQL problem, rather than a DIH one. A quick google shows several hits for splitting a string in SQL; I expect that it should be possible to come up with something that fits your purpose.

Re: DIH Problem: create multiple docs from a single entity

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello Lee,

Unfortunately no. It's possible to read csv field by
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#FieldReaderDataSource but
there is no csv like EntityProcessor, which can broke line on entities.
Transformers can not emit new entities.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: DIH Problem: create multiple docs from a single entity

Posted by SolrLover <bb...@gmail.com>.
I suppose you can use Substring and Charindex to perform your task at SQL
level then use the value in another entity in DIH..