Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Florent Blanchon <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/27 13:13:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Simple problem of index.php

Hello Apache.

I've just installed apache and xoops for testing on ubuntu.

I'd like to know how to set index page to index.php because after
installing xoops, but even if my index.php is in root directory, the server
keep showing me the test page.

Thank you for your help.
F.

Re: [users@httpd] Simple problem of index.php

Posted by Mark Montague <ma...@catseye.org>.
On May 27, 2012 7:13 , Florent Blanchon <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know how to set index page to index.php because after
> installing xoops, but even if my index.php is in root directory, the
> server keep showing me the test page.

You may want to ask the xoops people what the standard way to do this is
on a web server running xoops.  But, in general, if your go to
http://example.com/ and see the contents of the file index.html that is
in your DocumentRoot directory, but you instead want to see the content
generated by index.php in the same directory, then use the
DirectoryIndex directive to specify this:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex

For example, put the following inside the VirtualHost stanza for your
web virtual host in Apache HTTP Server's configuration file (or inside
the relevant Directory stanza or .htaccess file if you want it to apply
to only a single directory):

DirectoryIndex index.php

I hope this helps.

--