Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/17 05:56:08 UTC

Re: Transmitting a javascript-value to the server using JSON

What's the closest equivalent of T4's EventListener in T5? You can do
ActionLink with zone and @OnEvent on the server, but what I loved about T4's
EventListener was that you could hook an arbitrary Javascript call to a
server side operation with one annotation. I have a case where I'd like to
do communicate in the background from plain Javascript rather than "click a
link".

Kalle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Well well, looks like Chenillekit's OnEvent is pretty close to what I want.
I think you still got to make your Javascript thing a component though, but
otherwise it functions similarly to T4's EventListener.

Kalle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

--