Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vladimir Figurov <vf...@asia-soft.kz> on 2005/11/01 07:51:43 UTC

Re: J2 - Tomcat - Oracle - JNDI DS

hi
I also speak about this file!
Aaron, you are assured, what structure of this file - correct?
In manual "/tomcat-docs/jndi-resources-howto.html" it is told:

Each available JNDI Resource is configured based on inclusion of the
following elements in the |*<Context>*| or |*<DefaultContext>*| elements:

    * <Environment>
      <http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/context.html#Environment%20Entries>
      - Configure names and values for scalar environment entries that
      will be exposed to the web application through the JNDI
      |InitialContext| (equivalent to the inclusion of an |<env-entry>|
      element in the web application deployment descriptor).
    * <Resource>
      <http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/context.html#Resource%20Definitions>
      - Configure the name and data type of a resource made available to
      the application (equivalent to the inclusion of a |<resource-ref>|
      element in the web application deployment descriptor).
    * <ResourceParams>
      <http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/context.html#Resource%20Parameters>
      - Configure the Java class name of the resource factory
      implementation to be used, as well as JavaBeans properties used to
      configure that resource factory.
    * <ResourceLink>
      <http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/context.html#Resource%20Links>
      - Add a link to a resource defined in the global JNDI context. Use
      resource links to give a web application access to a resource
      defined in the<GlobalNamingResources>
      <http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/globalresources.html> child
      element of the <Server>
      <http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/server.html> element.

Any number of these elements may be nested inside a <Context>
<http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/context.html> element (to be
associated only with that particular web application) or inside a
<DefaultContext>
<http://localhost/tomcat-docs/config/defaultcontext.html> element (used
to set the default configuration characteristics for automatically
deloyed applications).

I not find element "Resource" in
$CATALINA_HOME\conf\Catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml. Only
<ResourceParams>, but, as the name of a resource is not certain, JNDI it
and does not find?

Aaron Evans wrote:

>Vladimir Figurov <vfigurov <at> asia-soft.kz> writes:
>

>>- why "jetspeed" ?  - I write "jdbc/jetspeed" !!!
>>- and where (look in /tomcat-docs/jndi-resources-howto.html)  <Resource>
>>- element, needed for correct define JNDI Data Source ???
>>

>The jetspeed JNDI DB resource is defined in jetspeed's context definition in
>$CATALINA_HOME\conf\Catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml.

Vladimir

Re: J2 - Tomcat - Oracle - JNDI DS

Posted by Vladimir Figurov <vf...@asia-soft.kz>.
I use Tomcat 5.0.30. I can't use Java 1.5 - I have the number project in
dev stady on Java 1.4
In your example I look, that you have a correct define JNDI Data Source.
I will try find  in J2 source, where placed this jetspeed.xml for Tomcat
5 and correcting this.

Thanks.

Aaron Evans wrote:

>Vladimir Figurov <vfigurov <at> asia-soft.kz> writes:
>

>>>The jetspeed JNDI DB resource is defined in jetspeed's context definition in
>>>$CATALINA_HOME\conf\Catalina\localhost\jetspeed.xml.
>>>

>Hmmm... What version of tomcat are you using?  I am on 5.5, and they did
>away with the ResourceParams elements I believe.  My JNDI Data Source in
>jetspeed.xml looks like this:
>
><Resource name="jdbc/jetspeed" auth="Container"
>            factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
>            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="root" password="XXXXXX"
>            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/j2"
>            maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"/>

Vladimir

Re: J2 - Tomcat - Oracle - JNDI DS

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.