Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael McCrann <Mi...@macquarie.com> on 2005/10/27 07:25:59 UTC

POM properties

Hi,

Is there any documentation that describes what things from the POM are available as variables?

For example, I want to copy my war file into the Weblogic application dir. In my POM I have

       <plugin>
            <executions>
               <execution>
                  <phase>package</phase>
                  <goals>
                     <goal>run</goal>
                  </goals>
                  <configuration>
                     <tasks>
                        <copy overwrite="true"
                           file="target/${pom.artifactId}-${pom.version}.war"
                           todir="${weblogicApplicationDir}">
                        </copy>
                     </tasks>
                  </configuration>
               </execution>
            </executions>
         </plugin>

How do I specify 'target' as a property? The things I have tried haven't worked:

$(pom.build.outputDirectory}
${pom.build.dir}
${build.dir}

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

Re: POM properties

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:23 -0400, Tomislav Stojcevich wrote:
> How do you reference something that is a collection in the POM?
>
> Let's say there are 2 developers and I want to get their email
> addresses to put in the notifier.address section of the ciManagement
> section (I know a mailing list is preferred but we don't have one set
> up right now and I know there are JIRA's in Continuum to propogate the
> developers into continuum as users and the users as the notifiers but
> until then...)
>
> ${project.developers.developer.xxx.email}  (where xxx is ther id)
> or
> ${project.developers.developer[0].email)

Currently the interpolation won't allow that but there is a JIRA issue
for moving toward using Velocity like interpolation which would make
this easier.

> On 10/27/05, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:25 +1000, Michael McCrann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there any documentation that describes what things from the POM are available as variables?
> >
> > Anything in the POM itself:
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html
> >
> > > How do I specify 'target' as a property? The things I have tried haven't worked:
> >
> > You can take a look at this:
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
> >
> > Which shows the Super POM which has most of the build elements that you
> > might want to use.
> >
> > > $(pom.build.outputDirectory}
> > > ${pom.build.dir}
> > > ${build.dir}
> >
> > Close but no cigar :-)
> >
> > ${pom.build.directory}
> >

> > > NOTICE
> > > This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason at maven.org
> > http://maven.apache.org

> tom

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

 -- Unknown

Re: POM properties

Posted by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com>.
How do you reference something that is a collection in the POM?

Let's say there are 2 developers and I want to get their email
addresses to put in the notifier.address section of the ciManagement
section (I know a mailing list is preferred but we don't have one set
up right now and I know there are JIRA's in Continuum to propogate the
developers into continuum as users and the users as the notifiers but
until then...)

${project.developers.developer.xxx.email}  (where xxx is ther id)
or
${project.developers.developer[0].email)

On 10/27/05, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:25 +1000, Michael McCrann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any documentation that describes what things from the POM are available as variables?
>
> Anything in the POM itself:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html
>
> > How do I specify 'target' as a property? The things I have tried haven't worked:
>
> You can take a look at this:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
>
> Which shows the Super POM which has most of the build elements that you
> might want to use.
>
> > $(pom.build.outputDirectory}
> > ${pom.build.dir}
> > ${build.dir}
>
> Close but no cigar :-)
>
> ${pom.build.directory}
>

> > NOTICE
> > This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

> jvz.
>
> Jason van Zyl
> jason at maven.org
> http://maven.apache.org

tom

Re: POM properties

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:25 +1000, Michael McCrann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any documentation that describes what things from the POM are available as variables?

Anything in the POM itself:

http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html

> How do I specify 'target' as a property? The things I have tried haven't worked:

You can take a look at this:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html

Which shows the Super POM which has most of the build elements that you
might want to use.

> $(pom.build.outputDirectory}
> ${pom.build.dir}
> ${build.dir}